Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Kitchen Re-Org: Part One

My kitchen is in the middle of an organizational overhaul.  Here is part one:

Before: I like where the Keurig is.  That was working fine.  But that set of drawers just seemed out of place in the kitchen.  It had to go!   I know I just recently posted about it as k-cup storage but it's just too big and bulky to keep like that.

There.  That's better.  My breadbox was on the other side of the kitchen and the location just didn't make sense.  I had it where it was because it was prettier but it got annoying to go over there 3 times a day to get bread!  This is better.

This small side counter isn't good for much except our phone but it was just too crowded for me.  I got that desk organizer on the right at a yard sale years ago.  But it looks dated and it was crammed with stuff that didn't belong.  I have other plans for it, so out it went.  I pulled the organizer from my craft desk and put it by the phone.  Now it matches (sort of) and it looks much less crowded.  I'm not thrilled with the cords being exposed but I'm not sure what I can do about that.

I love dollar store baskets.  These will be put to use all over the house.  The picture frame will be my new mailbox key holder.  I'm not sure about the other stuff yet.  But for $1 I will find them all homes.

I even used a dollar store basket to organize my organizing products until I find a use for them.  Heehee...

Not a dollar store purchase but one I found at the local thrift store.  It's a docking station!  I've been searching for a small one that wasn't too expensive.  This is solid wood and it was $2!  It fits our electronics perfectly.

My phone sits there next to Hubby's.  But I needed it to take this picture!

Part Two coming soon.  It's a work in progress!




No comments:

Post a Comment