Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A do-over and this week's peaceful home challenge

Yesterday I needed a mulligan.  A do-over.  A second chance.  Don't we all have days like that?  My weekend was hectic and ended on a bad note.  Monday morning began in chaos and so I decided I was taking the day off.  I did zero chores.  Zero exercise.  Zero anything that required effort.  And it felt good.  No one was neglected.  The world didn't stop turning.  Life moved on, regardless of the dirty dishes in the sink and the not so healthy no-cook dinner.  And today I woke up refreshed and ready to start again.  Today is my mulligan.  My second chance to start the week right.  It's Tuesday?  So what.  It's the start of a new week because yesterday just doesn't count.  Today I light my candle for peace and I take on the next task in the "Make Your Home a Haven" challenge.  Playing soft music in my home.  After reading this challenge I realized that I don't play music very often in my home, even though I love it.  Usually there are cartoons going or my son making engine sounds/train whistles while playing.  Even in those moments that are quiet it rarely occurs to me to play music, because I enjoy the quiet so much.  But I love to listen to my ipod while cleaning.  It makes the task more fun.  And this week I will purpose to play at least one quiet song during those peaceful moments in the day.


I am participating in the WLW November Challenge


No comments:

Post a Comment